Answer the Questions
Answer the Questions
1) The author’s purpose in this chapter is to provide useful information to security guards regarding the scope of their job and effective tactics of curbing insecurity in their areas of work. He describes various legal responsibilities related to this sector as well as relevant security details. Furthermore, he illustrates the influence of the security guards in an attempt to show their significance in a commercial institution.
2) The key question addressed in this chapter is the progression of insecurity tactics all over the world. According to the person behind this manuscript, criminals relentlessly formulate new devices and techniques to conduct their operations. Consequently, security workers have to acquire skills that will aid in decreasing these misdeeds. Their employers should acknowledge the sector’s importance, facilitate their duties through training, and empower them.
3) As a way of supporting his argument, the writer of this chapter talks about the rules that the security personnel should adhere to in their proceedings. For example, the law only permits an arrest by these officers upon violation of a law as opposed to suspicion. He also emphasizes on the need to train these officials. Through this training, the security workforce will be in a position to effectively handle and use firearms without causing any harm to themselves or the civilians. He uses several possible settings to discuss the conditions that warrant the utilization of a weapon.
4) The writer makes several crucial conclusions in this section. He provides a checklist that the security department of an organization can use to ensure safety within the area. For instance, the lighting should be adequate and electric appliances such as heaters properly fixed. He also lists important facts with respect to searching of bombs. He also concludes by describing the growth experienced in this sector in different parts of the world. He supports this claim by identifying the services offered by several security companies in addition to the degree courses related to crime and defense in several academic institutions.
5) Through this enlightening literature piece, one is able to comprehend the importance of well-trained security guards in a business organization or personal building. This is because they are able to identify malicious individuals and use suitable strategies to ensure security in the area. Moreover, understanding the power of these officers helps the readers to have confidence in them.
6) Despite the detailed analysis of the issue in this section, the author takes for granted certain safety concerns. One such topic is the security of the security guards involved in prevention of infernos. The author focuses on strategies that will ensure the safety of persons and valuables in a building. He does not address the cautions that the security officials should take to avoid injuries during the rescue mission.
7a) If employers take the aspects discussed in this chapter seriously, they will comprehend the need to offer comprehensive training to their security workforce. On the other hand, the security personnel will acquire substantial knowledge on how to handle situations that can jeopardize the public’s safety. This tactics include fire prevention, fist aid provision, and bomb-related investigations.
7b) The consequences of ignoring the issues addressed in this chapter may be dire. To start with, commotion may arise during fire alarms since the security guard will not be in a position to control the public out of the buildings. This may result in severe injuries due to stampedes or burns. The buildings’ proprietors will also have limited knowledge on how to facilitate the operations of the security officers through tactics such as proper lighting and placement of fire extinguishers in strategic areas.
Questions not covered in the Chapter
Should the training of these personnel evolve frequently in order to cope with the modification of crime tactics? Should the employers also receive training to comprehend basic security requirements? Should the employers consider the officers’ personal attributes such as patience and bravery during the hiring process?